As the weather heats up…….here are a few helpful tips with regards to looking after your dog:
- Make sure your dog has plenty of shade
- NEVER leave your pet alone in the car
- Walks…..avoid taking your dog for a walk when the ground is too hot as they could burn their paws
- You should always have plenty of stops to give your pet drinks and fresh air
Interesting fact** Dogs cant sweat the way humans do. Its very hard for them to cool down so extra care must be taken during the summer months. Sweating occurs through their paws and nose. They will pant to give the ‘cooling effect’!
If you are heading off on a trip to the beach, a picnic or walk, there are a few things you should remember to take with you:
- Water bowl
- A towel to protect their feet from hot surfaces
- First Aid Kit
- Clearridge Vets contact details.
- A beach umbrella to provide shade